Friday, June 17, 2011

Summer Herb Blend

Since Vida's doing a homotoxicology program that's rather involved, I'm letting that remedy series to the heavy lifting and am using her herbal blend for support with a focus on antioxidants and adaptogens.
  • 2 parts rosehips
  • 1 part hawthorn berries
  • 1 part spirulina
  • 1/2 part astragalus
  • 1/2 part ashwagandha
  • 1/2 part kelp
  • 1/2 part milk thistle
.... hold on.... 
I was low on ashwagandha, so that and the astragalus are ending up a little lower  proportion. 

And.....

I had to figure out how much to make for the summer! I found a handy conversion tool that told me that 70 teaspoons is 1-1/2 cups. Whew!

So the finished products is a little different... 

2/3 are roughly as above. 

1/3 is:
  • 3 parts rosehips
  • 3 parts hawthorn
  • 1 part spirulina
  • 1/2 part kelp
It's fine, it's not rocket science, it's just a meal boost.

And then I bagged up individual meals for the road! 15 meals, grab and go when we get to the hotel (plus a few more for my mom to feed while I'm at IHA). Easy.



No comments: