Friday, December 05, 2008

What's in "Max's Formula" anyway?

Since I've been using this blog to track my care of Vida, I thought I'd just write down the herbs used in Max's Formula before I throw the empty bottle away:

  • Angelica (Bai Zhi)
  • Rhubarb (Da Huang)
  • Platycodon (Jie Geng)
  • Astrea (Mu Li)
  • Trichosanthes (Tian Hua Fen)
  • Prunella (ZIa Ku Cao)
  • Scrophularia (Zuan Shen)
  • Fritillary (She Bei Mu)

Of course this doesn't give the proportions, which is an important part of formulating blends, so I'd advise sticking with a pre-made product unless you are an herbalist who knows these plants. This formula is available through vets only. I considered linking each herb listed, but that would limit the information to one source. One should always consult multiple sources when learning in order to get a balanced view of the plant and its uses.
Post a Comment