Friday, July 21, 2006

Work Day Fresh for Us Both

I feed twice a day. Some natural feeding folks recommend once a day, but since I live with her I'd rather not have her hounding me for food at either end of the day. Per meal today:

  • 1/2 lb Bravo Turkey Blend (raw turkey with bone, organ, a few veggies)
  • 1-1/2 tsp Wholistic Pet Canine Joint
  • Squirt of Aloe Juice
  • Squirt of Fish Oil
  • Squirt of Coconut Oil
  • 1/2 dropper of Ol-Immune
Easy meal to give on a work day. She had some tiny treats at the store for good behavior, and strip of dried duck chew - a product sample from a rep that supposedly contains glucosamine and chondroitin. Funny to watch a dog be a little confused by size and consistency: not quite bite size, but weirdly chewy.

I had some fresh food myself from my own garden for a change - some tomato (red cherry and orange roma, shared with the dog), and sorrel (cooked briefly with chicken). Eggs come faster than I care to eat them during the summer, so I share them with friends and give them a taste of what eggs should be. Nothing like fresh eggs from chickens that roam and eat bugs (among other things).

No comments: