Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Photo Update - recheck #2

 Today when we were at Dr. Proulx's office I suggested that maybe we'd lost our "least side effects ever" title, but he thought maybe not. She's right on track with her healing. We'll see him again in one month for our "baseline" assessment that we'll move forward with.


I'm kind of fascinated by the way her teeth have arranged. It looks like one is missing, but it's just that they kept the gap that developed with the tumor. The thing is, where did that space come from? Everything used to fit.

And she's been using her teeth the past week or so - chewing her nylabone every day, sometimes for 30-45 minutes, with vigor. I had to get her a new one yesterday because one of her old ones was so worn down.

She's tapering down more on the prednisone and will be off completely in about 10 days. She's off the tea, but on everything else. Gel on her chin is only once or twice a day now (and an adjusted recipe again).


I think the two beach swims last week helped clean things up a bit.

Yes, she lost more hair, but if you look close you can see some coming back, and all the skin is quiet (no more discharge). We'll have to wait and see what happens (guess she needs a good old fashioned hair tonic now!).

What's with the stick? A handy way to keep her on her back for a good chin view (you can't see my hand holding it off camera).

1 comment:

urbangrazer said...

Hi Margaret

All I have to say is that I think you are "The Best Mom" ever. Vida is a very lucky girl and you are lucky to have such a beautiful companion. I will be sure to pass this site on to friends and I'll check back often.