Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Energy Dog!

First, the backstory.... My friend Paula Brown provided energy dowsings for pets at Dexter's this past weekend (modest fee, 50% went to the Animal Safehouse Program). She found a fairly strong energetic blockage in Vida's mouth (at the front, right side), which confirmed that we still need to battle that from growing into another physical manifestation. She also found blockage in her chest (hmm, same as last year, as was the mouth... yikes). Further dowsing indicated this to be a Heart Meridian issue.

This is the kind of indication that shows there's a place for energetic healing work. This is the idea that energetic imbalances come before physical ones, so address it in the energetic stage before it gets physical.

Paula suggested adding a bloodstone to her little collar packet, and I decided to also use the stone directly with some Reiki. My plan was to work in the area of her heart and heart meridian, with this energetic work as well as acupressure (though Vida clearly prefers energetic work, and often does her own Tui Na).

I haven't used crystals or gemstones much, and don't claim to be very knowledgeable about them, but I figure that if I believe that everything in the natural word has energetic properties it's hard to outright deny the idea that they can have a beneficial effect on the energy of another. I approached it with an open and positive attitude.

This morning I woke early, and decided to offer Vida some energy work with the two small bloodstone pieces I had. Since I've done Reiki as my energy work I planned to use that, with a stone in each hand, and focus on her heart area. She got up on the bed and tucked in so I could put my left hand under her front leg on her chest. I wanted to put the other hand on her chest too, but she just wouldn't settle in so I finally just stretched my right arm out with my hand open, expecting to just have it hanging out there. Well she had her own idea on this...

She started licking my open hand with the stone in it, and then put her muzzle into my palm, her nose pressed up against my fingers (I had to flatten them so she could breath), and the front-right area of her mouth pushed up to the bloodstone.

She stayed in that exact position for almost thirty minutes!

Now you need to understand that this is not normal for her. She does no more than a cursory morning cuddle, and she never shoves her muzzle into hands. She definitely has a point of view about her healing!

Clearly she knew better than me in this case. She knew the bloodstone's healing properties needed to be focused on her mouth, and made sure the stone's blood cleansing energy got there.

No comments: