Sunday, November 16, 2008

"Anarcho-Herbalism" (a linked article)

I could write my own version of this pieces, but why? Here's a link to Anarcho-Herbalism: thoughts on health and healing for the revolution.

I've always looked on my holistic care interests as D.I.Y. (Do It Yourself), with the goal of being able to take care of basic health concerns for me and my pets with some self-education and low-cost supplies. Of course I need medical doctors to diagnose and treat major illnesses for myself and my pets - no argument that there is an important place for that. But to be helpless until so sick we have to go to a doctor - that's just foolish!

Besides my more mainstream care practice I also do a zine called Radical Pet that is a more forthright and opinionated version of my beliefs. Where they intersect is in my efforts to help owners become more self-reliant in caring for their pets holistically.

Read and discuss!

No comments: